Home Insurance – making sure your home is covered!

By: Intasure | 25 March 2021 Share:

It doesn’t matter if you live in a flat, a townhouse or a mansion, if you have a roof over your head you need home insurance. If you are a tenant who is renting the property you are living in, it is important to note that you are not excluded from this as you still need some form of insurance to make sure your belongings are safe. Have a look at the options available from Hollard, to better understand which cover option suits your needs.

When it comes to home insurance, there are two areas that are covered; firstly, the actual building itself, referred to this as building insurance. And secondly, you have the option to insure the contents of your house, referred to as Home Contents Insurance. This can include appliances, furniture and many other items.

At Hollard, we know that your home is much more than just bricks and mortar but it’s still worth making sure that the physical structure is covered. With our fully customisable buildings insurance, we’ll make sure you’re covered should something happen because of insured events like:

  • Fire, theft or the weather
  • Loss or damage caused by water leaking or overflowing from geysers, tanks, pipes or gutters
  • Malicious or accidental damage

Our policy defines a building as any private residential home used for domestic purposes, and includes outbuildings, swimming pools, walls and fencing, gates and gate motors, etc. To show you that we care, our building insurance policy also includes the following:

  • The cost of employing a security guard to protect the building
  • Replacing lost keys and remote control units, or damage to your locks
  • The loss of metered water
  • Leak detection and repairs
  • Accidental damage to underground public services
  • Cover for any damage or destruction caused by subsidence, landslip or ground heave of the land supporting the building (not related to the moisture content of the soil)
  • Cover for costs charged by an authorised body for extinguishing a fire, to prevent or reduce loss or damage to the building
  • Cover for any rental income you lose because of any insured event, or the cost of having to find alternative accommodation.

We also offer optional benefits including renewable energy equipment, guest house insurance, garden and outdoor insurance, geyser cover and home improvement insurance, taking care of nearly every problem you might experience!

When it comes to our Home Contents Insurance we cover you for the loss or damage to your home contents caused by theft, fire, lightning, storms and earthquakes among other insured events. Because we understanding that your household possessions are much more than just things, they’re part of who you are and they make your life unique.

Our cover includes damage to your electrical equipment caused by power surges; the cost of a security guard to protect your home after an insured event and cover for loss or damage of personal items belonging to guests. We try to minimize the inconvenience after an unfortunate event by also including the following:

  • Cover for your belongings while they’re in transit to or from your home, or while they’re temporarily removed from your home
  • Replacing clothes stolen off your washing line at your home, even if there was no forcible or violent entry
  • The cost of professional counselling to cope with trauma after an insured event
  • Paying for food that has gone off in your fridge or freezer because of a mechanical or electrical failure in your home
  • Paying for items bought as gifts for someone else that are stolen or damaged while being kept in your home

Insuring your home contents isn’t only just about replacing the items that belong to you, it’s also about minimising the inconvenience that comes with theft and accidents.

Article with thanks to www.hollard.co.za

Unlocking Premium Truths with Intasure

Unravel the truth about insurance premiums! Tap the button below to learn why, with Intasure, higher premiums mean more comprehensive cover, not higher costs. Read More [...]